Posted on September 3, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
This has been a strange but inviting week. I’ve been spending time job searching between fun and interesting time with friends.
Honey smiles after her first trip to a dog park!
I got huge smiles and lots of naptime after I met up with my girlfriend Heather for her day off and we took our dogs to a nearby dog park. It was a great way to get Honey used to an off leash area with NO other dogs except her buddy Benny. She is cool with him and they had the park to themselves to run in. It had been raining the day before, so I took a graceful slide in mud and Honey fell IN, yes completely IN a deep puddle. It was all quite funny. We went to Starbucks afterward for coffee for me, water for Heather and a doggie latte for our pooches…(whip cream in a kiddie cup).
Heather spoiling me rotten with good foods!
That same gorgeous Monday we went back to Heather’s apartment for lunch where she proceeded to make green salsa, and Beef Chile Colorado which we had in tortillas with black beans. Get this….this wonderfully talented woman even sent me home with canned left over sauces. *psst* The Green salsa is gone and so is the walnut blue cheese bread you sent home with me. SOOOO yum! I love days of indulgence.
Tegan and Sara 9-2-10 in St. Augustine, FL
The Tegan and Sara show last night was wonderful. They played all of the songs I longed to hear in concert, they were adorable and quirky and the show was great! I got a ride down with a new friend with whom she and I keep finding things in common, she was taking her daughter down for her birthday since the big name band playing was Paramore. It was tweens everywhere. Terrell was racing the clock, he got off work at 6:15 and showed up at the show in the middle of Tegan and Sara’s first song. It was the best timing and we had such a good time!
* Coffee with Ethan * Dinner in the rain with my husband * Late night talks * making amends * reading in the sunlight * Searching for a job on a quilt in my backyard while Honey plays and chases dragonflies * The dozen or so butterflies that have crossed my path this week! * This song makes me want to dream a little more and smile a lot more. * My first pair of TOMS shoes were bought with birthday money (I saved gift cards and had almost forgotten about them!) * My husband singing songs but changing the words to fit his life, singing about me and the puppy….it really makes me fall in love with him a little more every time he does this. * Finding out carrot dogs still exist and planning to eat one Saturday! * Three day weekends with my happy little family! and winning tickets for MMA for my man thanks to twitter re-tweets!
Enjoy your 3 day weekend! Happy Labor Day Weekend and
Happy 35th Anniversary to my parents!
Filed under: butterflies, Uncategorized | Tagged: 3-day-weekend, anniversary, butterflies, carrotdogs, concerts, dog, dogpark, family, friends, honey, husband, indie rock, music, puppy | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 17, 2010 by flutterby3
It’s been about 2 years since our dog died. He was a chug, half chihuahua, half pug, a rescue and we had him almost since our relationship began. I think we got Enrique in Feb of 97 and we had met in Jan of 96. He was a wonderful little dog and many of our friends ended up getting small dogs because they were so in love with our little guy. We were heartbroken when we had to put him down. He had heart failure at 13 years old.
We had started talking about a new pet again. We decided only if we could rescue again. Then about a month ago we went to a party and a girl showed up with a chihuahua that had been found in the woods behind her house. Her daughter kept telling her for a day or two prior that she had seen a “baby puppy in the woods” and she thought her daughter was playing make believe. Then imagine her surprise when a tiny little face was staring back at her from her sliding glass door. She had her for about 2 weeks and couldn’t keep her in her rental and had signs up with no calls. So she brings her to the party to see if someone can “fall in love” and give her a home. Well….there you go.
It was immediate. The minute she walked through the door with this furry little face that needed a home I was in love. We brought her home that night. The next day I made calls, I had to know she wasn’t someone else’s pet. I called the humane society and some shelters to make sure no one was looking for a female chihuahua. Then we took her to a vet. They checked her for a microchip (nope.) and then check up and tests and all her shots. She is about 6-8 mths old (so born about January) and had a little ear infection, she weighs in at just 4 pounds. Other than that she was a healthy puppy that needed to be fixed. At that point we were thrilled to know that she could really be our puppy and we set up an appt. to have her fixed. Please meet 8 month old Honey Bunny:
This past weekend Honey got fixed. She has been a napping fool thanks to medication. Now that her medicine is gone my task is to keep a high energy PUPPY from jumping and wanting to be active! I have 3 more days of keeping her not so active. In the month we have had her, we have gone from floppy crazed “get me off this leash” to walking like a prissy little lady, she sits, she lays down, and we are working on come, stay and down. She is very playful and we are crazy puppy parents. My iphone is packed with pictures of us and the dog.
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: dog, family, honey, love, puppy, rescue | 3 Comments »
Posted on March 15, 2010 by flutterby3
A peak at my weekend:
* Little pigtails on Friday (or the day my contract ended short!). I knew the boredom was short-lived. The job’s workload was getting thinner and thinner…..and they cut my contract short. Blah! But better things are to come of it! I know it!!! 🙂
* So a little drinking commenced to drown my sorrows….I had two lovely men joining me. Chris is a now former co-worker on the left and he’s waiting for his shoe to drop now too, they let a few of us go and kept the rest, Terrell of course you see a lot in this here blog, my wonderful husband. They were my drinking buddies along with my sweet friend Emily, she owns the little speakeasy we were drinking at. The inside of Underbelly is small and quaint and this was taken in the “backyard” which has a treehouse for the DJ and fairy lights. It’s SOOO cute!
*Saturday we got up and went to the Riverside Arts Market (known as the RAM), we took our bikes and met up with our friend Heather. She’s big into bike riding and has been trying to get us to join in. We brought our bikes and attempted a ride. We really only got about 8 blocks away. I can walk til the cows come home but need to work on my bike riding skills…I was poor biking companion and was out of breath and red in the face just a few blocks into the ride. So we took a break, then rode just a few more blocks to Mossfire Grill and had lunch (and T & H had a beer, my red face had water!). We then took a visit to her favorite new store Zencog so that she could get the new handlebars she bought put on her bike and then we hung out at her cute little apartment out front working on the bikes…..well, they did, I turned on the music and lounged on her couch with the door opened occasionally stepping on the porch to talk to them. It was a wonderful day.
*Sunday we drove down to St. Augustine to spend the day with Terrell’s family. His Aunt and Uncle were in town from Michigan. We drove them out and walked around the Seafood festival and had fun wandering through the booths of Arts and Crafts, but really we stayed away from the fried foods and came home to grill out a steak and some chicken breasts. I snapped this photo of Terrell and his Mom. Posed pictures of them never turn out well. One of them is always making a strange face, this picture captured their relationship so nicely.
I got a new camera app on the iphone, the Hipstamatic….it gives the photos different washes of vintage looks. I over did it this weekend and hope you don’t mind that ALL the pictures look like this.
Hope you all had great weekends. What fun kind of trouble did you get into?
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: bikes, drinking, family, friends, grilling, picture post, pictures, RAM, speakeasy, Underbelly, weekend | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 21, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy!
The Family Edition
*My Brother and his wife welcomed baby #2 into the world Friday February 12. Such a sweet little soul our Parker Eric!
* In the same weekend my Brother’s precious little #1 turned 2! A Valentine baby who now shares a birthday just 2 days from his little Brother! We played all weekend with Scott who is the proud owner of a play tunnel. He loves it, can’t you tell!
* I also am feeling very lucky to have this wonderful man in my life. Last night we turned a simple dinner at home into dinner, a trip out for fro-yo yummies and then craft night as he pulled out my big book of crafts and we picked something to work on while watching the Olympics. We turned a boring night at home trying to save money into something cheap but extraordinarily fun! He is amazing!
* We got word last night that my youngest cousin is engaged now to his sweetheart. He finally popped the question (it’s been 9 or 10 years of dating his high school sweetheart)! * listening to Manchester Orchestra now * Sunday mornings of coffee & croissants with Jazz music and fresh cool air from open windows. * flip flops * walks on the beach * exercising to feel better * This video parody of Tik Tok! Makes me laugh every time I see it. * Still ::hearting:: my iphone something fierce!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: 2 years old, beach, cousin, engaged, exercise, family, flip flops, husband, iphone, life, new babies, parody videos, sunday mornings | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 25, 2009 by flutterby3
Happy Thanksgiving to the blogosphere! I hope you enjoy the time you spend with your family and friends.
I will be giving thanks for my wonderful family that is always my backbone, my friends that are endless sources of fun and joy and to our health and happiness throughout the year.
My favorite blessing is from Halcyon and it is a modified version of a blessing his Grandpa used to give, he was such a bright star on this little planet:
“Dear universe, thank you for the miracles in every moment. Help me to be aware of all my blessings and be a loving presence in the world.”
What are you thankful for?
Filed under: blessed be, Uncategorized | Tagged: blessing, blogosphere, family, friends, Grandpa, halcyon, joy, Lifestudent, love, loving presence, miracles, miracles in every moment, thankful, thanksgiving, universe | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 13, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- Five Points First Friday via Birdie’s Flickr
* Riverside: My favorite part of town! Last Friday was full of First Friday fun. The cupcakes, the cocktails, the friends. It was jam packed and we had a great time!
- Tarot Spread read by Jake via Terrell’s camera
*Tarot card reading that are so spot on that you get chills. Jake can make your toes curl with his readings and his reading this week made my jaw drop. This guy doesn’t know me….yet he just read me like a book.
- My cousins on the carousel via my flickr page
* My husband and family having a moment riding the carousel. Dinner in St. Augustine, a stroll up St. George Street and then most of us got on the carousel and acted like children again (there were only 2 REAL children present!). The manic energy that you get being around my family, they are some positive and happy souls and I love them and wish they lived closer.
- Holding Hands via my flickr
* Midnight rides up the coast with the windows down, the beach breeze blowing in, stars twice as visible as they are in the city, college radio playing indie rock and my husband reaching out in the dark for my hand while he talks in depth about our life. My heart flutters and then melts, he is mine. ❤
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: beach rides, carousels, cocktails, cupcakes, family, first friday, positive happy souls, riverside, tarot cards, tarot reading | Leave a comment »