Posted on March 26, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* Trips with friends to the zoo! We had girlfriends in from out-of-town and had a great day at the Jacksonville Zoo. So much fun in fact that Terrell took 251 pictures. Our feet hurt but we were done before the crowds started swarming in, it was a gorgeous day and we had a great lunch that didn’t cost a fortune because we left the zoo to eat. All in all it was a great day.
Marc has parlor tricks
* Old friends, shared laughter, shared stories of the past. With our friends in town they had a meet up at a local watering hole. They called in people we hadn’t seen in years and years. The stories were hysterical, the laughs made other customers stare and Marc was just Marc…..such a riot as always, even after years of not seeing him. So crazy to live in the same city and for years to go by without running into these great people!
* Animals showing us all their junk. *Facebook reconnecting us to long-lost somebodies! Olive branch accepted. *Gorillaz has a new album out! Plastic Beach. * fixing my own technical issues with no help from others! Go Ms. Independent. hehe *Trying out Chrome *Silly conversations with my honey! * Great Teen novels * Thrifting for fun * Dinner plans that make me giddy.
Filed under: butterflies, Uncategorized | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 15, 2010 by flutterby3
A peak at my weekend:
* Little pigtails on Friday (or the day my contract ended short!). I knew the boredom was short-lived. The job’s workload was getting thinner and thinner…..and they cut my contract short. Blah! But better things are to come of it! I know it!!! 🙂
* So a little drinking commenced to drown my sorrows….I had two lovely men joining me. Chris is a now former co-worker on the left and he’s waiting for his shoe to drop now too, they let a few of us go and kept the rest, Terrell of course you see a lot in this here blog, my wonderful husband. They were my drinking buddies along with my sweet friend Emily, she owns the little speakeasy we were drinking at. The inside of Underbelly is small and quaint and this was taken in the “backyard” which has a treehouse for the DJ and fairy lights. It’s SOOO cute!
*Saturday we got up and went to the Riverside Arts Market (known as the RAM), we took our bikes and met up with our friend Heather. She’s big into bike riding and has been trying to get us to join in. We brought our bikes and attempted a ride. We really only got about 8 blocks away. I can walk til the cows come home but need to work on my bike riding skills…I was poor biking companion and was out of breath and red in the face just a few blocks into the ride. So we took a break, then rode just a few more blocks to Mossfire Grill and had lunch (and T & H had a beer, my red face had water!). We then took a visit to her favorite new store Zencog so that she could get the new handlebars she bought put on her bike and then we hung out at her cute little apartment out front working on the bikes…..well, they did, I turned on the music and lounged on her couch with the door opened occasionally stepping on the porch to talk to them. It was a wonderful day.
*Sunday we drove down to St. Augustine to spend the day with Terrell’s family. His Aunt and Uncle were in town from Michigan. We drove them out and walked around the Seafood festival and had fun wandering through the booths of Arts and Crafts, but really we stayed away from the fried foods and came home to grill out a steak and some chicken breasts. I snapped this photo of Terrell and his Mom. Posed pictures of them never turn out well. One of them is always making a strange face, this picture captured their relationship so nicely.
I got a new camera app on the iphone, the Hipstamatic….it gives the photos different washes of vintage looks. I over did it this weekend and hope you don’t mind that ALL the pictures look like this.
Hope you all had great weekends. What fun kind of trouble did you get into?
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: bikes, drinking, family, friends, grilling, picture post, pictures, RAM, speakeasy, Underbelly, weekend | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 12, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
Credit: Phillustrations via Flickr
* Finding that one exercise that you can do endlessly. I hate to exercise but found out recently that with my podcasts, not music, but podcasts that I can walk, walk, walk and want to keep walking until the podcast is over. The LOST podcast with Jay & Jack that I currently love to listen to, they go on for over an hour as do most of the other podcasts I listen to. It’s euphoric to find that one exercise that you don’t mind doing. Listening to the podcasts I find that I am focusing on the conversation instead of my internal dialog which is usually “oh gosh how much longer is this exercise going to last?!” where as with music my internal dialog can usually be louder than the music and I quit too easily.
Credit: ME! via Flickr
* Seeing live bands is something that we love to do but it had been a while and finally we saw a band coming our way that we wanted to see. Manchester Orchestra was great! Full of energy and sounded great even if Freebird had the bass turned up too much. The funny thing is that we went home liking the band that was opening for them almost as much as the band we went to see and so we downloaded the album for The Features and find ourselves listening to them a lot now as well.
Credit via Flickr: sTyLo0o ♥ صوره جديده
* I love Sephora. I love just walking through and buying not one item. Of course buying a new lipstick or eyeshadow is awesome but I love walking through the isles of goodies. I love that they give you samples of the perfumes you like or samples of face wash or creme. They have me hook, line and sinker because of their wonderful customer service, who doesn’t love getting pampered for just shopping!
* IM’ing back and forth with my honey song lyrics to Biggie & Warlock Pincher songs. * Watching 5 girls dressed like gossip girl share 1 single cup of frozen yogurt. * Mmm going out for Mochi Frozen Yogurt! * Lions * Going out for drinks and posting it to Facebook so my girl would meet me out and having her show up but say she didn’t see my Facebook post….she just KNOWS! Mad ❤ for my girl H! * Finding the perfect summer sandals – hello black cage gladiators on sale that will look perfect with summer dresses! * While shopping having boys dressed as grapes bump past you!?! * Yes, shopping makes me happy whether I come home with anything or not! 🙂
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: 5 girls 1 cup, concerts, exercise, froyo, frozen yogurt, indie rock, live music, makeup, manchester orchestra, podcasts, samples, sephora, shopping, the features, walking | 2 Comments »
Posted on March 4, 2010 by flutterby3