Posted on August 28, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* My Knight in shining armor! I had a terrible week last week that ended up draining my already hurting bank account and sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire, no lug nut bar to remove said tire and hives (I had just come from the Dr.) I called my husband and not only did he come running….but we ended up having to tow the car and he took me home while we were waiting on the tow truck and let me stay cool in the AC while he dealt with that mess! Also came home with the meds my Dr. prescribed for the hives. He is my hero and I told him so many times!!!!
* Breakfast for dinner. This week I wanted breakfast for dinner. It’s such a guilty pleasure but we went to Village Inn and had crepes filled with yumminess and covered in fresh fruit. Delicious!
*Bat For Lashes! Her sophomore album feels like mellow magic. It feels like fairies are dancing in my ipod. I want to light candles put feathers in my hair and let her read my fortune. Her songs are these beautiful descriptions of life.
*Craft night has been small lately and it has been a lot of fun to get to know all the ladies a little better. Plus I have come home with a cute votive holder and also swanky cool greeting cards to send to friends!
*Working with people that I like. I eat lunch with them and we end up having these conversations that result in belly laughs and sometimes tears. Those laughs are seriously so good for the soul. I feel lucky to be where I am even if it is only for a one year contract.
Quick mentions: candle light, vampire playlists, book club meeting, new tires & perfect alignment, true blood episodes that rock (Oh Eric!), cool gel benadryl (makes the hives stop itching like a charm), feather necklaces, Project Runway (finally! Season 5 on Lifetime), Riverside Arts Market, Birthday parties with jello shots, safely driving home drunk friends that yell funny stories from the backseat, Meeting people that wear shirts that say “Construction Worker by day, Ninja by night” and having them be as funny as their shirt!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: bat for lashes, belly laughs, breakfast for dinner, butterflies, craft night, crafts, husband, knight in shining armor, magic, music, work | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 17, 2009 by flutterby3
I am really liking the Album Dragonslayer by Sunset Rubdown. Here is a great song off the album.
This is a solo project for Spencer Krug of Wolf Parade and other members from other Canadian Bands. It reminds me a little of Arcade Fire and is just so much fun to listen to.
Filed under: beats | Tagged: beats, dragonslayer, indie rock, music, sunset rubdown | 1 Comment »
Posted on August 13, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- Five Points First Friday via Birdie’s Flickr
* Riverside: My favorite part of town! Last Friday was full of First Friday fun. The cupcakes, the cocktails, the friends. It was jam packed and we had a great time!
- Tarot Spread read by Jake via Terrell’s camera
*Tarot card reading that are so spot on that you get chills. Jake can make your toes curl with his readings and his reading this week made my jaw drop. This guy doesn’t know me….yet he just read me like a book.
- My cousins on the carousel via my flickr page
* My husband and family having a moment riding the carousel. Dinner in St. Augustine, a stroll up St. George Street and then most of us got on the carousel and acted like children again (there were only 2 REAL children present!). The manic energy that you get being around my family, they are some positive and happy souls and I love them and wish they lived closer.
- Holding Hands via my flickr
* Midnight rides up the coast with the windows down, the beach breeze blowing in, stars twice as visible as they are in the city, college radio playing indie rock and my husband reaching out in the dark for my hand while he talks in depth about our life. My heart flutters and then melts, he is mine. ❤
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: beach rides, carousels, cocktails, cupcakes, family, first friday, positive happy souls, riverside, tarot cards, tarot reading | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 12, 2009 by flutterby3
This is the peak of the Perseides Meteor shower. August 11 & 12th usually shows the most activity so take your butts outside and look up to the skies and let nature give you one of her wonderous shows!
Via Brian Emfinger
This photo was captured in the early stages of the ongoing shower on July 26th. See what you can see!
Filed under: butterflies, Uncategorized | Tagged: nature; butterflies; meteor shower; perseides; go outside! | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 7, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
via Rita Crane Photography on flickr
* Impromptu meetings at coffee shops in the rain with friends that can meet at a moments notice!
* Pedicures-manicures that pamper me to to ‘enth degree by girls that know me by name and insist on freebies since they like me. Little cute designs on my toes and thumbs that make me smile every time I look down!
*Working, and having a cafeteria option with healthy foods like a salad bar!
via my own flickr account
* Old friends that you can pick back up with as though no time has passed. You have a catch up conversation and then things are just easy….those are the best of friends. Silence isn’t awkward, laughter is often and smile and hugs are given at random.
*Having co-workers that are just as odd ball and off the wall as I am and having that click moment with a group of them makes me think I’ve found my place for a bit, even if it is a temporary 1 year contract.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: cafe, design, friends, hugs, laughter, old friends, pedicure, rain, salad bar, smiles, work | Leave a comment »