Random Bits of Happy
* Spending a Saturday wandering through tables of junk at the Flea Market with my happy to shop with me husband. It makes me so happy to have a built-in shopping partner. He is always willing to go to a Flea Market, a mall, an antique store, a thrift store, Target. It makes me want to kiss all over him! Saturday we left the Flea Market empty-handed, nothing but junk and crisp cold air. We had fun though and had been in the outdoors, shaking out the winter legs and enjoying the sun even if it was cold out. We were pleased that we had gone. We made a trip to the Army/Navy Surplus on a whim on our return back home and he made out like a bandit, he got a really neat digital camo case for his gun and a witty t-shirt. I think this weekend should be my weekend to make out like a bandit shopping wise! What do you think? 🙂
* LOST! No spoilers…I promise. It’s the final season and it’s amazing. The 2 hour season première came on and I watched and twittered simultaneously. What a treat. It answered a question or two but created even more questions. I hold no real want for the ending to be something special so that I am not let down but just hope they end it answering some of the big big questions. Are you watching it too?
* The Underbelly. A quaint little speakeasy bar hidden in the back of one of my favorite stores. Get this, you enter behind a bookcase and there you have a bar with a few bar stools, a table, some leather wing back chairs and a set in bench that seats about 6. If you go out the back door there is seating outdoors, a small stage, a treehouse for the DJ and fairy lights to twinkle through out the night. Friday night we met a friend for a few drinks. You can easily talk to one another (and the small space makes you end up talking to those around you as well) but there is music playing that is loud enough to hear, but not too loud that you have to speak up to hear your friends. Mellow tunes and a great list of beer and wine make it a good place to meet friends for a quiet night out.
* Imbolic was on Tuesday, I lit some candles and meditated a little on the meaning of the day. * Breakfast for dinner. * Finding a top at Target when I went in for toothpaste, on mega 75% off sale hello $8.97 and then getting complimented all day when I wear it! * Massive Attack leaking on YouTube and being just as awesome as you hope it would be. *Being on a friend’s twitter group list called “I’d Hit That” it still makes me blush a little and giggle, I love it! *
* I am loving this photograph it’s so mysterious, but also this one too!
What has you blushing this week?
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: "I'd Hit That", bar, breakfast for dinner, final season, Flea Market, heligoland, Imbolic, leaked, LOST, Massive attack, sale, shopping, speakeasy, Twitter, Underbelly | Leave a comment »