Posted on October 9, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- I met Tarina Tarintino
* Enters my fangirl!!! *Squee* Last Friday night am artsy area of town (Riverside’s 5 points area) held a block party that they call First Fridays (held the 1st Friday of each month) and as a special treat one of the boutiques Edge City (where I’ve bought my quirky sunglasses and sparkley hair pins since I was 13) had a special guest. Tarina Tarintino was there to promote her new collection. I got to sneak in at the last minute thanks to the owner’s knowing me and allowing me to break the rules! You had to have spent a certain amount prior to 5pm that day in order to get in to meet her and get her look book for free. I got a look book and a photo with her. Let me tell you how kind and genorous she is. She was signing books out in the street at 10pm hungry and ready to get off her feet but was so genuinely sweet and floored by the crowd she drew….seriously people came all the way from Tampa to meet her. She was gracious to everyone and loved the stores and the people in the area. I need to post a scan of one of the pictures from the look book because it’s fabulous!
My new tattoo
* A few weeks ago I got a new tattoo. It’s my first color and also the first highly visible tattoo I have gotten as it’s about 6 inches above my wrist. It has a heart hidden in it and stands for me and my husband as we are both fire signs. At the end of the month we will celebrate 9 years of marriage. He is my flame. It felt good to get something that I feel so strong about.
Full Moon energy!
* Did you feel the full moon energy Sunday night/ Monday morning? It looked beautiful and earlier in the night I wish I had snapped pictures with the clouds surrounding it! It looked magical and created a wonderful night for me and my husband.
Some Lady Daisey for you…I love her positive energy and lovely voice! We are seeing her & Batsauce tonight and I can’t wait! Her site claims her music is like Sunshine for your soul….I can’t agree enough honey! Welcome back to the states!
*Florence and the Machines *Revamping of an old bar…Birdie’s is going to be great! *Underbelly *Looking forward to some jamming Heavenly Noise live and back from Germany *old movies that I can watch a million and one times *new headphones for my ipod, no more static! *new music to movie soundtracks – such great full mixes *bookclub books that pull me in *Dexter and Vampire Diaries *beers bought by friends that I haven’t seen in a while *an empty house and a loving husband *new miniture pots of makeup…Sephora I am your slave *Butterflies floating past my window as I type this out!!!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: anniversary, arm, astrology, color, edge city, fangirl, fire signs, flame, flutter, happy, husband, joy, Lady Daisey & Batsauce, magic, moon, tarina tarintino, tattoo | Leave a comment »
Posted on September 23, 2009 by flutterby3
Mockingbird by Sean Stewart was referred via a blog entry by the ever magical Verhext and the book was a perfect summer endding read. The story is about a woman who’s Mother has passed and has left to her visits from her Mother’s personal Gods. Taking place in Houston, TX this tale is magical realism revolving around prophecy, pregnancy and voodoo. It was a wonderfully vivid read about having magic in your life, even unwanted magic that can tear apart or bring together a family in mysterious ways.
While I am tempted to go read every Sean Stewart book out there, I am instead adding him to a list of authors I like and will return to him at a later date and will instead go back to the original blog entry and see what other gems I might find. Verhext put together quite a reading list and while I love her blog I think I also love her reading habits and will poke about her entry until I discover another enchanted author.
Filed under: books | Tagged: books, fiction, Gods, Houston, magic, magical realism, pregnancy, prophecy, TX, voodoo | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 28, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* My Knight in shining armor! I had a terrible week last week that ended up draining my already hurting bank account and sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire, no lug nut bar to remove said tire and hives (I had just come from the Dr.) I called my husband and not only did he come running….but we ended up having to tow the car and he took me home while we were waiting on the tow truck and let me stay cool in the AC while he dealt with that mess! Also came home with the meds my Dr. prescribed for the hives. He is my hero and I told him so many times!!!!
* Breakfast for dinner. This week I wanted breakfast for dinner. It’s such a guilty pleasure but we went to Village Inn and had crepes filled with yumminess and covered in fresh fruit. Delicious!
*Bat For Lashes! Her sophomore album feels like mellow magic. It feels like fairies are dancing in my ipod. I want to light candles put feathers in my hair and let her read my fortune. Her songs are these beautiful descriptions of life.
*Craft night has been small lately and it has been a lot of fun to get to know all the ladies a little better. Plus I have come home with a cute votive holder and also swanky cool greeting cards to send to friends!
*Working with people that I like. I eat lunch with them and we end up having these conversations that result in belly laughs and sometimes tears. Those laughs are seriously so good for the soul. I feel lucky to be where I am even if it is only for a one year contract.
Quick mentions: candle light, vampire playlists, book club meeting, new tires & perfect alignment, true blood episodes that rock (Oh Eric!), cool gel benadryl (makes the hives stop itching like a charm), feather necklaces, Project Runway (finally! Season 5 on Lifetime), Riverside Arts Market, Birthday parties with jello shots, safely driving home drunk friends that yell funny stories from the backseat, Meeting people that wear shirts that say “Construction Worker by day, Ninja by night” and having them be as funny as their shirt!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: bat for lashes, belly laughs, breakfast for dinner, butterflies, craft night, crafts, husband, knight in shining armor, magic, music, work | Leave a comment »