Posted on April 10, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
My Mad Hatter
*We attended a Mad Hatter Tea Party for a friend’s new place. She decided she wanted it costumed and so I scoured our closets and came up with these two outfits. The skirt was the only thing I purchased and I did that at a thrift store…so meet our $1.50 Mad hatter outfits! Her tea party was perfectly cute with multiple tea choices and tea cakes. A friend showed up with a hookah and kiwi flavored smoke filled her kitchen and wafted out the side door.
* We went to visit Terrell’s Mom and took the scenic route to get there. We always pass by a lot that is full of old Navy planes, falling apart and crumbling. We always make comments about stopping and I finally said, “let’s really stop!” and so he pulled in and we had an impromptu photo session at the Aviation Cemetery. I got all ballsy and sneaked in through the locked gates for this photo. It’s right by a police station….so it had my heart beating a little fast, because I’m silly like that and because as we were getting back into the truck a cop rolled past us real slow, so I waved friendly like and he sped up a little and let us be on our way. 🙂
The Big Pink @Jackrabbits
* We met V and C last Friday night for coffee and First Friday in Riverside. V lets me know she’s following the owner of a club that has cool concerts and he was having an Easter Egg hunt all over Jacksonville for free tickets. Sounded fun to me! So we took off and in 3 short stops we had found 2 eggs….which each had 2 tickets. So we had a concert to attend Easter night! The band headlining was The Big Pink. A London band that has an amazing electro-rock sound. They put on a great show and since it was Easter there was another Easter Egg hunt in the club and we got 5 more eggs with tickets for shows all the way through the end of May. Some really cool shows. I can’t wait to see Sea Wolf the Album Leaf. If you get a chance to see The Big Pink I highly suggest going…they are high energy, they do a few spectacular covers and their own songs are fantastically catchy. I keep hearing them on Sirus XM, the college station has taken a liking to them and I keep hearing new songs by them.
* Guy Fawkes masks and avatar making. * Discovering my old Pandora.com stations * Getting taxes completed and with a nice return *Birthday month in full effect! * This article * Yoga and stretching that cracks my back finally * I’m obsessed with Obsessive Consumption *Sephora sent me an email telling me to come get an early birthday gift, it’s $30 of cool makeup and I got a mini-facial and my makeup done for me…they rule! * reuniting with friends from high school and the fun memories that the conversations bring * Dr. Sketchy’s is back in Jacksonville this Wednesday…just 2 days before my birthday…that’s like a birthday GIFT! * The Head On The Door album is so pretty, the Cure always brings it. *3 hour conversations to Japan * OPI’s Metro Chic is the perfect color of stone, it matches most everything. *Strange conversations with drunk strangers that insist on playing pool against us at our table. “Um, that’s my Brother Timmy and I bought him that shirt thank you very much” “my name, I just told you 5 times, it’s Erin” ” that’s a girl, no really it is” “didn’t we go to school with him?”
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: aviation cemetery, beats, butterflies, concerts, costume, easter, egg hunt, exercise, first friday, friends, house warming, mad hatter party, music, photo ops, photos, prebirthday, tea party, the big pink | 1 Comment »
Posted on March 12, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
Credit: Phillustrations via Flickr
* Finding that one exercise that you can do endlessly. I hate to exercise but found out recently that with my podcasts, not music, but podcasts that I can walk, walk, walk and want to keep walking until the podcast is over. The LOST podcast with Jay & Jack that I currently love to listen to, they go on for over an hour as do most of the other podcasts I listen to. It’s euphoric to find that one exercise that you don’t mind doing. Listening to the podcasts I find that I am focusing on the conversation instead of my internal dialog which is usually “oh gosh how much longer is this exercise going to last?!” where as with music my internal dialog can usually be louder than the music and I quit too easily.
Credit: ME! via Flickr
* Seeing live bands is something that we love to do but it had been a while and finally we saw a band coming our way that we wanted to see. Manchester Orchestra was great! Full of energy and sounded great even if Freebird had the bass turned up too much. The funny thing is that we went home liking the band that was opening for them almost as much as the band we went to see and so we downloaded the album for The Features and find ourselves listening to them a lot now as well.
Credit via Flickr: sTyLo0o ♥ صوره جديده
* I love Sephora. I love just walking through and buying not one item. Of course buying a new lipstick or eyeshadow is awesome but I love walking through the isles of goodies. I love that they give you samples of the perfumes you like or samples of face wash or creme. They have me hook, line and sinker because of their wonderful customer service, who doesn’t love getting pampered for just shopping!
* IM’ing back and forth with my honey song lyrics to Biggie & Warlock Pincher songs. * Watching 5 girls dressed like gossip girl share 1 single cup of frozen yogurt. * Mmm going out for Mochi Frozen Yogurt! * Lions * Going out for drinks and posting it to Facebook so my girl would meet me out and having her show up but say she didn’t see my Facebook post….she just KNOWS! Mad ❤ for my girl H! * Finding the perfect summer sandals – hello black cage gladiators on sale that will look perfect with summer dresses! * While shopping having boys dressed as grapes bump past you!?! * Yes, shopping makes me happy whether I come home with anything or not! 🙂
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: 5 girls 1 cup, concerts, exercise, froyo, frozen yogurt, indie rock, live music, makeup, manchester orchestra, podcasts, samples, sephora, shopping, the features, walking | 2 Comments »
Posted on February 25, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* Doing favors for friends that make them so happy they almost cry. It really gives you the warm and fuzzies to be able to say, “No really, I’d do anything for you and was happy I could do this for you!”
* Walks on the beach during sunny weather. Up until today (hello cold wind and 32 degrees!) it was actually warm days reaching as high as 77 and cool nights. I was getting used to the nice weather so I am a little bummed we have a few more cold days, but I got a little taste of the warm and know that it’s just around the corner!
* Fun springtime is starting to peak through in everyday living. I found this little dandelion while exercising. I was on my walk and had to stop to take a picture of the green little bit of fun that was peaking through the dead grass that also has little bits of green popping up as well.
* Burial – Untrue * “Honey you need to take that off my ipod, it sounds like bad house” * Podcasts that keep me walking past my normal 30 minutes. * “No way….there’s an app for THAT!” * Baby fingers that curl around my finger….squish! * New friends commenting on my blog. * Impromptu days that make me smile. * Good books about vampires.
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: baby fingers, dandelion, exercise, favors, friends, good books, green, ipod, podcast, springtime, sunny, vampires, walks on beach, warm fuzzies | 2 Comments »
Posted on February 21, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy!
The Family Edition
*My Brother and his wife welcomed baby #2 into the world Friday February 12. Such a sweet little soul our Parker Eric!
* In the same weekend my Brother’s precious little #1 turned 2! A Valentine baby who now shares a birthday just 2 days from his little Brother! We played all weekend with Scott who is the proud owner of a play tunnel. He loves it, can’t you tell!
* I also am feeling very lucky to have this wonderful man in my life. Last night we turned a simple dinner at home into dinner, a trip out for fro-yo yummies and then craft night as he pulled out my big book of crafts and we picked something to work on while watching the Olympics. We turned a boring night at home trying to save money into something cheap but extraordinarily fun! He is amazing!
* We got word last night that my youngest cousin is engaged now to his sweetheart. He finally popped the question (it’s been 9 or 10 years of dating his high school sweetheart)! * listening to Manchester Orchestra now * Sunday mornings of coffee & croissants with Jazz music and fresh cool air from open windows. * flip flops * walks on the beach * exercising to feel better * This video parody of Tik Tok! Makes me laugh every time I see it. * Still ::hearting:: my iphone something fierce!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: 2 years old, beach, cousin, engaged, exercise, family, flip flops, husband, iphone, life, new babies, parody videos, sunday mornings | Leave a comment »