One of my new favorite bloggers Kim from Mermaid in a Manhole has made a few blog posts about books that I love, I am snagging her idea a bit and morphing it into one post.
* The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho – Deep book, I keep picking it up and sitting it down. It’s good but heavy in spirituality. Not my norm when it comes to reading.
* Born of Fire – Sherrilyn Kenyon – I’m mere pages from the end…I will finish it today. I needed a quick & dirty book….I can eat up a Sci-Fi/Romance crossover in days….I started this one Sunday afternoon to sort of clear my mind!
* Stich N Bitch Nation – by Debbie Stoller – I’m not sure if I’m ready to try to follow a pattern yet, still a newbie at this…but dang this book makes me want to try.
Have Read: These are the books that I love, there are many I started and didn’t finish, or got to the end and couldn’t believe I wasted my time.
* Harry Potter series – by J.K. Rowling
* Twilight series – by Stephenie Meyer
* Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) series – by Charlaine Harris
* Black Dagger Brotherhood series – by J.R. Ward (all except last, Lover Avenged, it’s sitting in my stack of to be reads!)
* Lovely Bones – by Alice Sebold
* Mockingbird – by Sean Stewart
* Gargoyle – by Adam Davidson
* The Book of Bright Ideas – Sandra Kring
* Chocolat – by Joanne Harris
* The Great Gatsby – by F. Scott Fitzgerald
* A Million Little Pieces – by James Frey
* She’s Come Undone – by Wally Lamb
* White Oleander – Janet Fitch
* Practical Magic – by Alice Hoffman
* The Fever series – by Karen Marie Moning
* Slapstick – Kurt Vonnegut
* A Seperate Peace – by John Knowles
* Alas Babylon – Pat Frank
To Be Read:
* The Big Ass Book of Crafts – by Mark Montano
* The Rose Labyrinth – by Titania Hardie
* Anansi Boys – by Neil Gaiman
* Women of the Night – edited/compiled by Martin H. Greenberg (this is a collection of short vampire stories by different authors incl. Neil Gaiman! I’ve read about 2 stories I want to read them all)
* Dead Girls, Dead Boys, Dead Things – Richard Calder
* Faerie Wars – Herbie Brennan
* Sense and Sensibility – by Jane Austen
* Slaughterhouse Five – Kurt Vonnegut (This is currently on my husband’s bedside table since I thought he’d like Vonnegut I bought this for him. I was told it was a good place to start with his books, although I started with another. I am looking forward to reading it after him)
*Clockwork Orange – Anthony Burgess (My husband came into our relationship owning this book. He has always said it was a good read and once or twice I tried to pick it up and never got around to reading it.)
Of course I also have a Melting Pot Book Club book each month so I think my list is pretty hefty. I also think a few of the series books I read might have new ones out. We’ll see how long I stay on this list or stray. I will try to update you to my progress. 🙂
As you can see I am heavy on the fantasy, vampire, goth and southern magic fiction. Please feel free to suggest a book!