Posted on October 30, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
I can’t believe October is almost over. Time flies when you are learning new things!
My Handsome Man and I
This month I am especially thankful for Terrell. My husband makes me hella happy. He has the right encouraging words when I feel like I’m not getting something, he knows what to say to make me chill out and he offers the best advice on how to fix a situation. He is my rock, my best friend and my biggest cheerleader and without that this year I don’t know if I would still have my sanity. Friday is our 10 year wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary Sweetness! I love you more than I sometimes can even express. Joining hands with you and promising to be your wife is the best thing I have ever done.
Me at work (showing off new shorter haircut)
My job makes me happy. While I have had a day or two where training made me question my ability to do this job…with the proper training I feel that I am getting a good grasp of my job duties and am getting the hang of what I should be accomplishing every day. It’s rewarding to have a job that makes me use my brain a little. It had been a long time since I had a job that makes me use my noggin. I go home tired, I want to tune out and veg out. I know this is a habit I need to break, and I am slowly fixing it. Coming home and getting a few things done, taking a look at my checklist and THEN tuning out. 🙂
Blue Betty (rama lama oh oh BLUE Betty, rama lama!) hehe
My car is making me all sorts of happy. My car is officially PAID OFF! WooHoo! I need to celebrate the occasion correctly though. My car to be washed and shined and made to look pretty. She had some problems last month and it turns out she needed a tune up at 70,000 instead of the recommended 80,000 so with that my little blue Betty (A blue Ford Focus 2 door with hatchback) is running like she’s young again. So we are down to having just one car payment and it’s a great thing. I plan on using the money to go to our house fund. Put away some of the money that would have gone to the payment and pay off bills with a little of it as well. Ahhh!
* The new Interpol album is dreamy * I love Halloween! Dressing as the gypsy from the movie The Wolfman (1941) and husband is going as The Wolfman (Lon Channey Jr.) * Plans to get away this next weekend have me excited! Getting a room on the water somewhere! *This replica of an old aluminum ad, perfect for me (and matches the gross wall paper oddly enough!) and was a cheap find! * These cat eye glasses that I paid $8 for will be my new glasses soon (so I’ll have 2 pair nice normal, and sassy fun cat eye!) * We went to Rocky Horror Picture Show last weekend (I won us tickets on Twitter) it was a lot of fun! The cast was great! * Playing with Honey in the backyard, her bunny hops make me laugh. * Kind of obsessed with new genre Witch House, its strange and fun!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: 10 years, anniversary, blue betty, car, ford focus, husband, job, lucky girl, paid off, tune up, using my brain, work | 1 Comment »
Posted on August 28, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* My Knight in shining armor! I had a terrible week last week that ended up draining my already hurting bank account and sitting on the side of the road with a flat tire, no lug nut bar to remove said tire and hives (I had just come from the Dr.) I called my husband and not only did he come running….but we ended up having to tow the car and he took me home while we were waiting on the tow truck and let me stay cool in the AC while he dealt with that mess! Also came home with the meds my Dr. prescribed for the hives. He is my hero and I told him so many times!!!!
* Breakfast for dinner. This week I wanted breakfast for dinner. It’s such a guilty pleasure but we went to Village Inn and had crepes filled with yumminess and covered in fresh fruit. Delicious!
*Bat For Lashes! Her sophomore album feels like mellow magic. It feels like fairies are dancing in my ipod. I want to light candles put feathers in my hair and let her read my fortune. Her songs are these beautiful descriptions of life.
*Craft night has been small lately and it has been a lot of fun to get to know all the ladies a little better. Plus I have come home with a cute votive holder and also swanky cool greeting cards to send to friends!
*Working with people that I like. I eat lunch with them and we end up having these conversations that result in belly laughs and sometimes tears. Those laughs are seriously so good for the soul. I feel lucky to be where I am even if it is only for a one year contract.
Quick mentions: candle light, vampire playlists, book club meeting, new tires & perfect alignment, true blood episodes that rock (Oh Eric!), cool gel benadryl (makes the hives stop itching like a charm), feather necklaces, Project Runway (finally! Season 5 on Lifetime), Riverside Arts Market, Birthday parties with jello shots, safely driving home drunk friends that yell funny stories from the backseat, Meeting people that wear shirts that say “Construction Worker by day, Ninja by night” and having them be as funny as their shirt!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: bat for lashes, belly laughs, breakfast for dinner, butterflies, craft night, crafts, husband, knight in shining armor, magic, music, work | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 7, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
via Rita Crane Photography on flickr
* Impromptu meetings at coffee shops in the rain with friends that can meet at a moments notice!
* Pedicures-manicures that pamper me to to ‘enth degree by girls that know me by name and insist on freebies since they like me. Little cute designs on my toes and thumbs that make me smile every time I look down!
*Working, and having a cafeteria option with healthy foods like a salad bar!
via my own flickr account
* Old friends that you can pick back up with as though no time has passed. You have a catch up conversation and then things are just easy….those are the best of friends. Silence isn’t awkward, laughter is often and smile and hugs are given at random.
*Having co-workers that are just as odd ball and off the wall as I am and having that click moment with a group of them makes me think I’ve found my place for a bit, even if it is a temporary 1 year contract.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: cafe, design, friends, hugs, laughter, old friends, pedicure, rain, salad bar, smiles, work | Leave a comment »