Posted on May 28, 2010 by flutterby3
Our weekend…kinda shoot from the hip, a lot of it can change at a moments notice. We are picking up a girlfriend from the airport tonight, she got a job a month ago and has been training for 2 weeks in AL so she returns tonight. We might go out for a beer before after we get her home. She lives in these really cool lofts downtown, so on her suggestion we might drop off her bag and then walk to The Sinclair or Dos Gatos….they are about 4-8 walking blocks from her place depending on which one.
Tomorrow we don’t have any real plans but we haven’t been to the Riverside Arts Market in a bit and that’s a fun hodge podge of creativity, art and food vendors that happens every Saturday under the bridge. That evening we might hang out with some friends, but no plans have been made, we are having dinner with My Brother and his wife and another couple we are both friends with at PF Changs and then might go somewhere with them for a drink.
Sunday is normally beach day for T. If it still is I’ll get up early and go with him. I have a big beach umbrella and some good books that need to be read. He surfs usually from 8-12 or longer if the waves are good. I take water and snacks and we go to the place that we can still drive on the beach. I layout and try to make my legs less translucent while using spf 30 or above (I think my current bottle is 45), it usually allows a little color without burns.
That same evening my man and I are going to babysit for my Brother’s kids while they go to an event. They should be in bed already, but the 2 year old tends to get up and the baby is 4 months old so I’ll feed him a bottle when he wakes up. It should be a quiet evening watching a show on on-demand or what not.
Monday is up in the air but I think we might go down to St. Augustine and see T’s Mom for a friend of her’s Memorial Day party. It’s been a few weeks since we saw her and she’s living on her own right now while her husband works in California, so T has been trying to go down there more often to check on his Momma!
What are your plans for the long weekend?
Filed under: butterflies, Uncategorized | Tagged: airport, babysit, BBQ, beach, dinner, drinks, friends, long weekend, memorial day, plans, RAM | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 19, 2010 by flutterby3
I am still here! The joblessness in a state that has a 12% unemployment rate has just got me a little down and out. Trying new things to bring up my mood a bit. Until then, here is a favorite picture I took this weekend. My man surfing, I was walking the beach, taking pictures and reading my book club’s current wonderful selection “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” on a blanket under a beach umbrella. Pretty much a perfect day. The Vitamin D did my mood wonders!
T catching a wave in!
Oh and just because….a closer look….
I feel better now that I posted SOMETHING! How are you doing? I hope you haven’t given up on my blog….I will return full on soon I am sure. I am feeling better, even if I am still looking for that j.o.b.
Filed under: butterflies, Uncategorized | Tagged: beach, down, husband, job, job search, positive, sun and fun, surf, T, vitamin D, weekend | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 23, 2010 by flutterby3
A rough interpretation of what I wore for a spring time walk on the beach this past Saturday. We had a nice long walk, lunch and a nap. Perfect day! The sandals stayed in the car because when in sand we go barefoot. That’s how we roll in Florida!
Filed under: baubles | Tagged: beach, casual, FL, outfit, sandals, saturday, spring, walk, weekend | 2 Comments »
Posted on February 21, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy!
The Family Edition
*My Brother and his wife welcomed baby #2 into the world Friday February 12. Such a sweet little soul our Parker Eric!
* In the same weekend my Brother’s precious little #1 turned 2! A Valentine baby who now shares a birthday just 2 days from his little Brother! We played all weekend with Scott who is the proud owner of a play tunnel. He loves it, can’t you tell!
* I also am feeling very lucky to have this wonderful man in my life. Last night we turned a simple dinner at home into dinner, a trip out for fro-yo yummies and then craft night as he pulled out my big book of crafts and we picked something to work on while watching the Olympics. We turned a boring night at home trying to save money into something cheap but extraordinarily fun! He is amazing!
* We got word last night that my youngest cousin is engaged now to his sweetheart. He finally popped the question (it’s been 9 or 10 years of dating his high school sweetheart)! * listening to Manchester Orchestra now * Sunday mornings of coffee & croissants with Jazz music and fresh cool air from open windows. * flip flops * walks on the beach * exercising to feel better * This video parody of Tik Tok! Makes me laugh every time I see it. * Still ::hearting:: my iphone something fierce!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: 2 years old, beach, cousin, engaged, exercise, family, flip flops, husband, iphone, life, new babies, parody videos, sunday mornings | Leave a comment »
Posted on November 5, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits Of Happy
“I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.”
* Cemeteries. I visited 2 cemeteries last weekend and had completely different experiences. Friday night for our Anniversary, Terrell and I went to St. Augustine for a fancy dinner and decided to walk it off down St. George Street (it’s an old street in downtown St. Aug. that is closed off for foot traffic only, a tourist trap basically but has some really cool stores nonetheless) to end up at Hugenot Cemetery at about 8:45 pm. We listened to some of the stories being told by the ghost tour guides and took photos of the cemetery at night and I had a light that appeared in my camera but not my husband’s! We tried to be logical about it but none of the lights around us including the moon seemed to be causing the light and I saw it in 3 different areas. It really was cool and I’m happy to hear what you think about it. You can see the pictures here. Also Saturday on Halloween during the day we went to a nearby cemetery that is rather old (and still accessible, Hugenot doesn’t allow you in the grounds unsupervised) and walked around reading the tombstones out loud to one another. I took grave rubbings of the interesting ones, 1883 “Little Carrie” “Shall We Meet”, a really strange cat on a family stone, and some Masonic symbols on another. It was a peaceful gorgeous day and it was nice without the noise and without any strange experiences unlike those from the night before.
* Walking on the beach at night. Terrell and decided to drive up the coast to return home that same Friday night. A1A was bright from the moonlight and we couldn’t help but find a spot to park so we could roll our jeans and go walk in the sand. The moon and stars were so very bright. We held each other tight and wiggled our toes in the sand. It ended our night in such a beautiful way. Terrell saw a shooting star. Perfect.
* Pagan podcasting. I finally remembered to go find my favorite podcasters. Without my laptop I have been a little lost and can’t wait until we have money again to purchase a new laptop. I think it will be before the end of November, but regardless I used my Mother’s laptop to find out that Darkly Fey had decided to change things up a little and start off fresh with a more positive podcast name and using her real name for hosting. So I have spent today catching up on Feithline Stuart and her SpiritsCast podcast and of course on Mojo & Sparrow with The Wigglian Way. My work day has flown by listening to their podcasts that have little music breaks in the middle.
* Practical Magic – I can watch that movie a hundred times and it never grows old. * Sleeping with the window open, it makes you wake up all cold and cuddly. * Kate Bush – Running Up That Hill * Leftover Halloween candy! *Cool weather. *Making lists for traveling. * Getting ready to see family I haven’t seen in a while. *Family Weddings. *So You Think You Can Dance. *Vanilla Noir by Bath and Body Works, it’s the perfect fall scent. * Scarves to keep my neck warm. * Crashing a Halloween party with a most awesome friend and meeting new friends at that party! * Hamsa necklace with the prettiest irredescent stone to ward off the evil eye! *The photos I keep seeing in my re-found tumblr account
What has made your heart flutter this week?
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: beach, cemetery, full moon, ghost?, podcast, shooting star, spiritscast, tumblr, wigglian way | 4 Comments »