Posted on October 30, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* My 9 year wedding anniversary was yesterday and I got cards and flowers and a beautiful necklace and lots and lots of love from my honey. I know I’m very lucky and very loved but I still loved the extra attention. Husband gets an A++ for effort on all special occasions. He knows how to make me feel like a Goddess.
* Halloween! How can you not like the holiday that lets you dress up like goblins and faeries? In fact I’ve had past halloweens as faeries, zombies and gypsies. I love it. Even today with work not having dress up I wore a set of silver horns I bought at a Ren Fest years back. Little devil horns make my outfit pop! 😉
* My rediscover of Tumblr.com oh how did I forget such treasure that produce such great and magical finds! Tumblr is making me feel the magic again with friends like SuninScorpio, HighMagic, and WitchMountain. With posts like theirs I can’t help but be motivated to make and find my own magic.
*Dinner with my husband when we get into deep conversations *Bookclub book that is uber intriguing *reconnecting with twitter friends *having someone to take care of me when I drink too much (rum puch = bad idea) *walks in graveyards *tombstone rubbings *jack-o-lanterns *getting ready for a family wedding *plans for travel *knitting hats and scarves for upcoming winter *Mirah – The Garden *My Vampire playlist on my ipod
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: 9 yrs, anniversary, costumes, faeries, flowers, ghouls, halloween, horns, husband, jack-o-lanterns, love, tumblr | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 27, 2009 by flutterby3
I want so badly for the blog to be this magical spot that gives you the feeling of optomism and hope for good things. I want it to give you a thrill to pull up a new post and a smile from seeing a new post up.
It’s hard to have a magical blog though when I feel so blah right now, and I get quiet when I feel blah. So forgive me for so little these past few weeks and let me gather my thoughts and pull out of the case of blah blah blahs I have right now and I promise I’ll be back later this week with lots of love and magic.
by thamimzy on flickr
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: finding the magic | 1 Comment »
Posted on October 19, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- My new scarf…made by ME!
*I learned to knit on Thursday thanks to the lovely Emily! We sat in the dimmed, candle lit den of the Underbelly and had a wonderful evening chatting and learning. I am so pleased with the end result and have started 2 other scarves already. I can lose myself while knitting, it’s much like meditation, clearing of the mind. It’s wonderful.
- Hi from FL! Sending love to Japan!
*Friends threw a Sept./Oct. birthday bash since there were a handful of Libras in our circle of friends. My Baby Brother included. He turned 30!!! It was great to have everyone together and having a good time. It was a beautiful day and hadn’t gotten cool yet so the boat was buzzing across the water the whole day with people tubing on the wakes. Lots of fun was had, meats were smoked, conversations were vibrant and friendly. Missed was my girl Jes, she’s in Japan but we all took photos and I sent her the bunch of them, so she could feel our love!
- My eye Dr. mapped my retinas
*I went to the eye Dr. for my yearly exam and they had a new laser that mapped 200 degrees of your retina instead of the 30 degrees they can see by dialating your eyes. This took a quarter of a second and required no trippy eyes for hours after the exam. With all the wonky problems my family has with eyes I opted to pay more and MAN was it COOL! And for the first time in years my eyes stayed the same, they didn’t get worse. That is super good news.
*The final bout of the season for Rollerderby was this weekend. It was fun to see the girl playhard and play it to win! The first bout our B team kept the score close but in the end they lost, but our A team brought it and won with a 20 point margin. It was a huge crowd and they had a great time hamming it up for all the new people that had never been to a derby game. Seems “Whip It!” got the word out that Rollerderby is around.
*Cool weather is finally here, not for long but it’s still nice! *rediscovered Regina Spektor – Far *Leaving the windows open at night and snuggling under blankets. *Music that FEELS like fall and seems to match the weather. *fuzzy yarn *text messages from my honey full of love. *sitting outside to knit while my man does manly things. *good non-fiction books, it’s hard to my attention with a NF book and this one does! *Good friends chatting me up on IM *Hair that dries into the perfect 40’s coif just by pinning it!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: birthdays, boat, bout, dr., eye, friends, japan, knitting, mapping, meditation, party, retina, rollerderby, scarf, tubing | 3 Comments »
Posted on October 15, 2009 by flutterby3
I visit Llewellyn‘s website pretty much weekly. I love seeing what’s on sale, looking at tarot cards and I love reading the blog (I mean how else would I have found out about this creepy cloud in Moscow?) and of course I love checking out the free spell a day which isn’t always a “spell” per say, but sometimes something very cool like today’s on Bibliomancy:
Bibliomancy can be defined as “divination by means of a book.” This type of divinatory magic can be performed anytime, and it’s a fun way to receive spiritual messages from our immediate reality. You can even do this right now, with this book, if you wish! Either think about something that you want to gain insight about or approach the divination ready to receive whatever message the universe wants to deliver. Have on hand a sharp needle or pin. After meditating, hold the pin up high, open the book at random, and stab the pin into the pages. Afterward, write down the words (on both the front and back of each page) that the needle stabbed through. This will form a random string of words that can be interpreted by the divinator. Look for the messages being delivered; they’re not always easy to see but are profound once they are recognized!
I am looking forward to trying this today. I think I have just the book to use too as it is a lovely work of fiction that has great meaning to me. I’ll let you know how it goes. 😉
Filed under: blessed be | Tagged: bibliomancy, blog, books, divination, llewellyn, meditation, pagan, spells, website | Leave a comment »
Posted on October 13, 2009 by flutterby3
If Tori Amos, Kate Bush and PJ Harvey had a threesome, Florence Welsh would be their love child! Her melancholy, malice and melodic voice leads to this soulful album that grabs at your throat and forces you to listen to the end.
In the song “Kiss With a Fist” she sings with fervor and angst about a relationship gone wrong. She is violent in her words but her voice lulls you into submission.
She has a unique range that takes her easily from ballads and soul singing to rocky anthems and punky angst. I enjoy her first album and will look forward to future endeavors from Florence and the Machine.
Four full fluttery butterflies out of five!
Filed under: beats | Tagged: alternative, female vocalist, Florence and the Machine, music, review, rock | 3 Comments »
Posted on October 9, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- I met Tarina Tarintino
* Enters my fangirl!!! *Squee* Last Friday night am artsy area of town (Riverside’s 5 points area) held a block party that they call First Fridays (held the 1st Friday of each month) and as a special treat one of the boutiques Edge City (where I’ve bought my quirky sunglasses and sparkley hair pins since I was 13) had a special guest. Tarina Tarintino was there to promote her new collection. I got to sneak in at the last minute thanks to the owner’s knowing me and allowing me to break the rules! You had to have spent a certain amount prior to 5pm that day in order to get in to meet her and get her look book for free. I got a look book and a photo with her. Let me tell you how kind and genorous she is. She was signing books out in the street at 10pm hungry and ready to get off her feet but was so genuinely sweet and floored by the crowd she drew….seriously people came all the way from Tampa to meet her. She was gracious to everyone and loved the stores and the people in the area. I need to post a scan of one of the pictures from the look book because it’s fabulous!
My new tattoo
* A few weeks ago I got a new tattoo. It’s my first color and also the first highly visible tattoo I have gotten as it’s about 6 inches above my wrist. It has a heart hidden in it and stands for me and my husband as we are both fire signs. At the end of the month we will celebrate 9 years of marriage. He is my flame. It felt good to get something that I feel so strong about.
Full Moon energy!
* Did you feel the full moon energy Sunday night/ Monday morning? It looked beautiful and earlier in the night I wish I had snapped pictures with the clouds surrounding it! It looked magical and created a wonderful night for me and my husband.
Some Lady Daisey for you…I love her positive energy and lovely voice! We are seeing her & Batsauce tonight and I can’t wait! Her site claims her music is like Sunshine for your soul….I can’t agree enough honey! Welcome back to the states!
*Florence and the Machines *Revamping of an old bar…Birdie’s is going to be great! *Underbelly *Looking forward to some jamming Heavenly Noise live and back from Germany *old movies that I can watch a million and one times *new headphones for my ipod, no more static! *new music to movie soundtracks – such great full mixes *bookclub books that pull me in *Dexter and Vampire Diaries *beers bought by friends that I haven’t seen in a while *an empty house and a loving husband *new miniture pots of makeup…Sephora I am your slave *Butterflies floating past my window as I type this out!!!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: anniversary, arm, astrology, color, edge city, fangirl, fire signs, flame, flutter, happy, husband, joy, Lady Daisey & Batsauce, magic, moon, tarina tarintino, tattoo | Leave a comment »