Posted on February 25, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* Doing favors for friends that make them so happy they almost cry. It really gives you the warm and fuzzies to be able to say, “No really, I’d do anything for you and was happy I could do this for you!”
* Walks on the beach during sunny weather. Up until today (hello cold wind and 32 degrees!) it was actually warm days reaching as high as 77 and cool nights. I was getting used to the nice weather so I am a little bummed we have a few more cold days, but I got a little taste of the warm and know that it’s just around the corner!
* Fun springtime is starting to peak through in everyday living. I found this little dandelion while exercising. I was on my walk and had to stop to take a picture of the green little bit of fun that was peaking through the dead grass that also has little bits of green popping up as well.
* Burial – Untrue * “Honey you need to take that off my ipod, it sounds like bad house” * Podcasts that keep me walking past my normal 30 minutes. * “No way….there’s an app for THAT!” * Baby fingers that curl around my finger….squish! * New friends commenting on my blog. * Impromptu days that make me smile. * Good books about vampires.
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: baby fingers, dandelion, exercise, favors, friends, good books, green, ipod, podcast, springtime, sunny, vampires, walks on beach, warm fuzzies | 2 Comments »
Posted on November 5, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits Of Happy
“I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.”
* Cemeteries. I visited 2 cemeteries last weekend and had completely different experiences. Friday night for our Anniversary, Terrell and I went to St. Augustine for a fancy dinner and decided to walk it off down St. George Street (it’s an old street in downtown St. Aug. that is closed off for foot traffic only, a tourist trap basically but has some really cool stores nonetheless) to end up at Hugenot Cemetery at about 8:45 pm. We listened to some of the stories being told by the ghost tour guides and took photos of the cemetery at night and I had a light that appeared in my camera but not my husband’s! We tried to be logical about it but none of the lights around us including the moon seemed to be causing the light and I saw it in 3 different areas. It really was cool and I’m happy to hear what you think about it. You can see the pictures here. Also Saturday on Halloween during the day we went to a nearby cemetery that is rather old (and still accessible, Hugenot doesn’t allow you in the grounds unsupervised) and walked around reading the tombstones out loud to one another. I took grave rubbings of the interesting ones, 1883 “Little Carrie” “Shall We Meet”, a really strange cat on a family stone, and some Masonic symbols on another. It was a peaceful gorgeous day and it was nice without the noise and without any strange experiences unlike those from the night before.
* Walking on the beach at night. Terrell and decided to drive up the coast to return home that same Friday night. A1A was bright from the moonlight and we couldn’t help but find a spot to park so we could roll our jeans and go walk in the sand. The moon and stars were so very bright. We held each other tight and wiggled our toes in the sand. It ended our night in such a beautiful way. Terrell saw a shooting star. Perfect.
* Pagan podcasting. I finally remembered to go find my favorite podcasters. Without my laptop I have been a little lost and can’t wait until we have money again to purchase a new laptop. I think it will be before the end of November, but regardless I used my Mother’s laptop to find out that Darkly Fey had decided to change things up a little and start off fresh with a more positive podcast name and using her real name for hosting. So I have spent today catching up on Feithline Stuart and her SpiritsCast podcast and of course on Mojo & Sparrow with The Wigglian Way. My work day has flown by listening to their podcasts that have little music breaks in the middle.
* Practical Magic – I can watch that movie a hundred times and it never grows old. * Sleeping with the window open, it makes you wake up all cold and cuddly. * Kate Bush – Running Up That Hill * Leftover Halloween candy! *Cool weather. *Making lists for traveling. * Getting ready to see family I haven’t seen in a while. *Family Weddings. *So You Think You Can Dance. *Vanilla Noir by Bath and Body Works, it’s the perfect fall scent. * Scarves to keep my neck warm. * Crashing a Halloween party with a most awesome friend and meeting new friends at that party! * Hamsa necklace with the prettiest irredescent stone to ward off the evil eye! *The photos I keep seeing in my re-found tumblr account
What has made your heart flutter this week?
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: beach, cemetery, full moon, ghost?, podcast, shooting star, spiritscast, tumblr, wigglian way | 4 Comments »