Posted on September 3, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
This has been a strange but inviting week. I’ve been spending time job searching between fun and interesting time with friends.
Honey smiles after her first trip to a dog park!
I got huge smiles and lots of naptime after I met up with my girlfriend Heather for her day off and we took our dogs to a nearby dog park. It was a great way to get Honey used to an off leash area with NO other dogs except her buddy Benny. She is cool with him and they had the park to themselves to run in. It had been raining the day before, so I took a graceful slide in mud and Honey fell IN, yes completely IN a deep puddle. It was all quite funny. We went to Starbucks afterward for coffee for me, water for Heather and a doggie latte for our pooches…(whip cream in a kiddie cup).
Heather spoiling me rotten with good foods!
That same gorgeous Monday we went back to Heather’s apartment for lunch where she proceeded to make green salsa, and Beef Chile Colorado which we had in tortillas with black beans. Get this….this wonderfully talented woman even sent me home with canned left over sauces. *psst* The Green salsa is gone and so is the walnut blue cheese bread you sent home with me. SOOOO yum! I love days of indulgence.
Tegan and Sara 9-2-10 in St. Augustine, FL
The Tegan and Sara show last night was wonderful. They played all of the songs I longed to hear in concert, they were adorable and quirky and the show was great! I got a ride down with a new friend with whom she and I keep finding things in common, she was taking her daughter down for her birthday since the big name band playing was Paramore. It was tweens everywhere. Terrell was racing the clock, he got off work at 6:15 and showed up at the show in the middle of Tegan and Sara’s first song. It was the best timing and we had such a good time!
* Coffee with Ethan * Dinner in the rain with my husband * Late night talks * making amends * reading in the sunlight * Searching for a job on a quilt in my backyard while Honey plays and chases dragonflies * The dozen or so butterflies that have crossed my path this week! * This song makes me want to dream a little more and smile a lot more. * My first pair of TOMS shoes were bought with birthday money (I saved gift cards and had almost forgotten about them!) * My husband singing songs but changing the words to fit his life, singing about me and the puppy….it really makes me fall in love with him a little more every time he does this. * Finding out carrot dogs still exist and planning to eat one Saturday! * Three day weekends with my happy little family! and winning tickets for MMA for my man thanks to twitter re-tweets!
Enjoy your 3 day weekend! Happy Labor Day Weekend and
Happy 35th Anniversary to my parents!
Filed under: butterflies, Uncategorized | Tagged: 3-day-weekend, anniversary, butterflies, carrotdogs, concerts, dog, dogpark, family, friends, honey, husband, indie rock, music, puppy | Leave a comment »
Posted on August 24, 2010 by flutterby3
The weekend we got Honey, Terrell and I drove up the coast and spent the day in little beach towns on our way to a friend’s birthday party (she lives in St. Mary’s GA near the Navy Base since her husband is on a submarine)
Stairway in downtown Amelia Island
Weird little Shrimps are painted all over town
We had lunch at a Cafe on the water and couldn't pass up the goofy photo op on the dock!
If I showed his, I have to show mine....thus....my goofy photo!
That same night we brought Honey home....
The next Saturday we took Honey to her first concert...Rickolus had a free CD release show.
Here’s a video of Rickolus…he’s got a great Indie Rock sound and he’s from Jacksonville. We enjoy hearing him play and watching his music gain popularity over the past few years.
Then the weekend after that there was ANOTHER free concert at Zombie Bikes, Astronautalis was in town and had a concert in the Freeebird RV that he and friend Blubird are touring in. It was a strange show, we’ve seen him 3 times prior to this show and this was by far the strangest. It was BYOB or $5 to drink from the keg. We brought our own and danced and sweated our butts off in the parking lot. It was a great night.
Also Astronautalis is a great performer with his music being a mix between Hip Hop & sort of Shoegazer Rock. He’s hard to explain, I’ve used the term Intelligent Hip Hop before, I mean who else have you heard sing an amazing song about the Battle of Trenton? He was opening last year for Tegan & Sara and is gaining more fans every time we see him. I love that he’s from here because he plays here just about every return trip home!
Astronautalis mid song from inside the RV
….and there you go….an update of the past month and a week in pictures. I wasn’t very good at picture taking. I usually take many more in that time frame. I will be trying to improve on that and have many more interesting pictures than what I currently see….which is a metric ton of puppy pictures. 🙂
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: Amelia Island, Astronautalis, coast, concerts, free, honey, photos, pictures, puppy, Rickolus, videos, what i did | Leave a comment »
Posted on April 10, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
My Mad Hatter
*We attended a Mad Hatter Tea Party for a friend’s new place. She decided she wanted it costumed and so I scoured our closets and came up with these two outfits. The skirt was the only thing I purchased and I did that at a thrift store…so meet our $1.50 Mad hatter outfits! Her tea party was perfectly cute with multiple tea choices and tea cakes. A friend showed up with a hookah and kiwi flavored smoke filled her kitchen and wafted out the side door.
* We went to visit Terrell’s Mom and took the scenic route to get there. We always pass by a lot that is full of old Navy planes, falling apart and crumbling. We always make comments about stopping and I finally said, “let’s really stop!” and so he pulled in and we had an impromptu photo session at the Aviation Cemetery. I got all ballsy and sneaked in through the locked gates for this photo. It’s right by a police station….so it had my heart beating a little fast, because I’m silly like that and because as we were getting back into the truck a cop rolled past us real slow, so I waved friendly like and he sped up a little and let us be on our way. 🙂
The Big Pink @Jackrabbits
* We met V and C last Friday night for coffee and First Friday in Riverside. V lets me know she’s following the owner of a club that has cool concerts and he was having an Easter Egg hunt all over Jacksonville for free tickets. Sounded fun to me! So we took off and in 3 short stops we had found 2 eggs….which each had 2 tickets. So we had a concert to attend Easter night! The band headlining was The Big Pink. A London band that has an amazing electro-rock sound. They put on a great show and since it was Easter there was another Easter Egg hunt in the club and we got 5 more eggs with tickets for shows all the way through the end of May. Some really cool shows. I can’t wait to see Sea Wolf the Album Leaf. If you get a chance to see The Big Pink I highly suggest going…they are high energy, they do a few spectacular covers and their own songs are fantastically catchy. I keep hearing them on Sirus XM, the college station has taken a liking to them and I keep hearing new songs by them.
* Guy Fawkes masks and avatar making. * Discovering my old Pandora.com stations * Getting taxes completed and with a nice return *Birthday month in full effect! * This article * Yoga and stretching that cracks my back finally * I’m obsessed with Obsessive Consumption *Sephora sent me an email telling me to come get an early birthday gift, it’s $30 of cool makeup and I got a mini-facial and my makeup done for me…they rule! * reuniting with friends from high school and the fun memories that the conversations bring * Dr. Sketchy’s is back in Jacksonville this Wednesday…just 2 days before my birthday…that’s like a birthday GIFT! * The Head On The Door album is so pretty, the Cure always brings it. *3 hour conversations to Japan * OPI’s Metro Chic is the perfect color of stone, it matches most everything. *Strange conversations with drunk strangers that insist on playing pool against us at our table. “Um, that’s my Brother Timmy and I bought him that shirt thank you very much” “my name, I just told you 5 times, it’s Erin” ” that’s a girl, no really it is” “didn’t we go to school with him?”
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: aviation cemetery, beats, butterflies, concerts, costume, easter, egg hunt, exercise, first friday, friends, house warming, mad hatter party, music, photo ops, photos, prebirthday, tea party, the big pink | 1 Comment »
Posted on March 12, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
Credit: Phillustrations via Flickr
* Finding that one exercise that you can do endlessly. I hate to exercise but found out recently that with my podcasts, not music, but podcasts that I can walk, walk, walk and want to keep walking until the podcast is over. The LOST podcast with Jay & Jack that I currently love to listen to, they go on for over an hour as do most of the other podcasts I listen to. It’s euphoric to find that one exercise that you don’t mind doing. Listening to the podcasts I find that I am focusing on the conversation instead of my internal dialog which is usually “oh gosh how much longer is this exercise going to last?!” where as with music my internal dialog can usually be louder than the music and I quit too easily.
Credit: ME! via Flickr
* Seeing live bands is something that we love to do but it had been a while and finally we saw a band coming our way that we wanted to see. Manchester Orchestra was great! Full of energy and sounded great even if Freebird had the bass turned up too much. The funny thing is that we went home liking the band that was opening for them almost as much as the band we went to see and so we downloaded the album for The Features and find ourselves listening to them a lot now as well.
Credit via Flickr: sTyLo0o ♥ صوره جديده
* I love Sephora. I love just walking through and buying not one item. Of course buying a new lipstick or eyeshadow is awesome but I love walking through the isles of goodies. I love that they give you samples of the perfumes you like or samples of face wash or creme. They have me hook, line and sinker because of their wonderful customer service, who doesn’t love getting pampered for just shopping!
* IM’ing back and forth with my honey song lyrics to Biggie & Warlock Pincher songs. * Watching 5 girls dressed like gossip girl share 1 single cup of frozen yogurt. * Mmm going out for Mochi Frozen Yogurt! * Lions * Going out for drinks and posting it to Facebook so my girl would meet me out and having her show up but say she didn’t see my Facebook post….she just KNOWS! Mad ❤ for my girl H! * Finding the perfect summer sandals – hello black cage gladiators on sale that will look perfect with summer dresses! * While shopping having boys dressed as grapes bump past you!?! * Yes, shopping makes me happy whether I come home with anything or not! 🙂
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: 5 girls 1 cup, concerts, exercise, froyo, frozen yogurt, indie rock, live music, makeup, manchester orchestra, podcasts, samples, sephora, shopping, the features, walking | 2 Comments »