Posted on February 25, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
* Doing favors for friends that make them so happy they almost cry. It really gives you the warm and fuzzies to be able to say, “No really, I’d do anything for you and was happy I could do this for you!”
* Walks on the beach during sunny weather. Up until today (hello cold wind and 32 degrees!) it was actually warm days reaching as high as 77 and cool nights. I was getting used to the nice weather so I am a little bummed we have a few more cold days, but I got a little taste of the warm and know that it’s just around the corner!
* Fun springtime is starting to peak through in everyday living. I found this little dandelion while exercising. I was on my walk and had to stop to take a picture of the green little bit of fun that was peaking through the dead grass that also has little bits of green popping up as well.
* Burial – Untrue * “Honey you need to take that off my ipod, it sounds like bad house” * Podcasts that keep me walking past my normal 30 minutes. * “No way….there’s an app for THAT!” * Baby fingers that curl around my finger….squish! * New friends commenting on my blog. * Impromptu days that make me smile. * Good books about vampires.
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: baby fingers, dandelion, exercise, favors, friends, good books, green, ipod, podcast, springtime, sunny, vampires, walks on beach, warm fuzzies | 2 Comments »
Posted on February 23, 2010 by flutterby3
A rough interpretation of what I wore for a spring time walk on the beach this past Saturday. We had a nice long walk, lunch and a nap. Perfect day! The sandals stayed in the car because when in sand we go barefoot. That’s how we roll in Florida!
Filed under: baubles | Tagged: beach, casual, FL, outfit, sandals, saturday, spring, walk, weekend | 2 Comments »
Posted on February 21, 2010 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy!
The Family Edition
*My Brother and his wife welcomed baby #2 into the world Friday February 12. Such a sweet little soul our Parker Eric!
* In the same weekend my Brother’s precious little #1 turned 2! A Valentine baby who now shares a birthday just 2 days from his little Brother! We played all weekend with Scott who is the proud owner of a play tunnel. He loves it, can’t you tell!
* I also am feeling very lucky to have this wonderful man in my life. Last night we turned a simple dinner at home into dinner, a trip out for fro-yo yummies and then craft night as he pulled out my big book of crafts and we picked something to work on while watching the Olympics. We turned a boring night at home trying to save money into something cheap but extraordinarily fun! He is amazing!
* We got word last night that my youngest cousin is engaged now to his sweetheart. He finally popped the question (it’s been 9 or 10 years of dating his high school sweetheart)! * listening to Manchester Orchestra now * Sunday mornings of coffee & croissants with Jazz music and fresh cool air from open windows. * flip flops * walks on the beach * exercising to feel better * This video parody of Tik Tok! Makes me laugh every time I see it. * Still ::hearting:: my iphone something fierce!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: 2 years old, beach, cousin, engaged, exercise, family, flip flops, husband, iphone, life, new babies, parody videos, sunday mornings | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 18, 2010 by flutterby3
This is the outfit I’ve been living in while taking pictures of my new Nephew. Boring but comfy. Throw on a jacket for outdoors, and run so I can go ohhh and ahhh over the new little one in our family.
Filed under: baubles | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 9, 2010 by flutterby3
Posted on February 4, 2010 by flutterby3
Radical Self Love
One of my favorite bloggers Miss Gala Darling is celebrating Radical Self Love for the entire month of February. Watch her sweet video below for her “homework” and to find out what it’s all about click on the button on the right side of my blog.
I have a journal ready with blue butterflies and am busy thinking up my invocation for myself as well as trying to decide if I will use hearts or if I should stick with butterflies. I have plenty of pictures, stickers, totems of both including a handful of sparkley heart & butterfly necklaces and rings so I can keep myself reminded of the project throughout the month.
As a plus size gal I embrace my curves and think I wear them well. I of course would like to be smaller and am trying to work through the problems I have. Some medical issues have finally surfaced and with new medication this may be a tiny bit easier for me. Until then I think I do my best to accept what I am and do my best to make myself a healthier me. My battle with myself lately has been exercise. I talk myself out of it all the time and it’s self sabotage. My goal this month is to be stronger with myself and exercise. I will continue to keep my head on straight though and will love the body I have now. It helps that my husband is good at making me feel sexy and beautiful. I think he is why I am able to be so positive about my body image.
Here are a few more videos that I think keep the positive vibes of Radical Self Love. Music is the soundtrack to our lives and keeps our souls light. John Halcyon Styn holds Hugnation every Tuesday and it is an expression of Self Love and also a great way to pull positive vibes to yourself and push away the negative. I always feel lighter and happier after watching and participating in his live sessions.
I can’t listen to this without sashaying about a room and singing along. Body Beautiful! I am the ocean and I rule the world, I’m sensual, I am Body….I am Grand, Grand Diva, I am the Queen, Queen Diva. I love this song.
HUGNATION! Love More, Fear Less!
How can you not want to shake your tush when this angel is singing and dancing with you!
Now come on, grab a journal and join me in joining Gala and lets give a little Radical Self Love!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: homework, love, love YOU!, positive, radicalselflove, work on yourself | 5 Comments »