Posted on October 19, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- My new scarf…made by ME!
*I learned to knit on Thursday thanks to the lovely Emily! We sat in the dimmed, candle lit den of the Underbelly and had a wonderful evening chatting and learning. I am so pleased with the end result and have started 2 other scarves already. I can lose myself while knitting, it’s much like meditation, clearing of the mind. It’s wonderful.
- Hi from FL! Sending love to Japan!
*Friends threw a Sept./Oct. birthday bash since there were a handful of Libras in our circle of friends. My Baby Brother included. He turned 30!!! It was great to have everyone together and having a good time. It was a beautiful day and hadn’t gotten cool yet so the boat was buzzing across the water the whole day with people tubing on the wakes. Lots of fun was had, meats were smoked, conversations were vibrant and friendly. Missed was my girl Jes, she’s in Japan but we all took photos and I sent her the bunch of them, so she could feel our love!
- My eye Dr. mapped my retinas
*I went to the eye Dr. for my yearly exam and they had a new laser that mapped 200 degrees of your retina instead of the 30 degrees they can see by dialating your eyes. This took a quarter of a second and required no trippy eyes for hours after the exam. With all the wonky problems my family has with eyes I opted to pay more and MAN was it COOL! And for the first time in years my eyes stayed the same, they didn’t get worse. That is super good news.
*The final bout of the season for Rollerderby was this weekend. It was fun to see the girl playhard and play it to win! The first bout our B team kept the score close but in the end they lost, but our A team brought it and won with a 20 point margin. It was a huge crowd and they had a great time hamming it up for all the new people that had never been to a derby game. Seems “Whip It!” got the word out that Rollerderby is around.
*Cool weather is finally here, not for long but it’s still nice! *rediscovered Regina Spektor – Far *Leaving the windows open at night and snuggling under blankets. *Music that FEELS like fall and seems to match the weather. *fuzzy yarn *text messages from my honey full of love. *sitting outside to knit while my man does manly things. *good non-fiction books, it’s hard to my attention with a NF book and this one does! *Good friends chatting me up on IM *Hair that dries into the perfect 40’s coif just by pinning it!
Filed under: butterflies | Tagged: birthdays, boat, bout, dr., eye, friends, japan, knitting, mapping, meditation, party, retina, rollerderby, scarf, tubing | 3 Comments »
Posted on September 4, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
- Cell Phone LOVE via Retro_Rae
* Random text messages of LOVE! I love it when my husband sends me messages that make my soul beam. He knows just what to say and when to say it!
- Me & Stormtroopers
* Rollerderby with friends. One of my girlfriends is on the team (GO DEATHSTAR!!!) and I love meeting up with friends to cheer her on and scream until I have no voice! Of course it’s even better when she invites Stormtroopers to join us!
* The excitement before going to a concert! We are taking tomorrow off to drive down to see Depeche Mode and the excitement I have over seeing one of my all time favorite bands is crazy! I can’t wait to hear them live, I hear their show is no fluff, just them but the energy is unreal. *squee*
* Books. One of my favorite guilty pleasure authors came out with a new book in the series that I’ve been reading. Karen Marie Moning and book number 4 – Dreamfever (The Fever Series) it’s romance but also mystery & sci-fi in the same book. It’s about a girl that travels to Ireland to track down her sister’s murderer and ends up entangled in paranormal including ancient secrets, vampires, assorted Fae. I devoured the book in just 3 days and wish the last book in the series was ready to be released!
Filed under: beats, books, butterflies | Tagged: books, husband, mystery, rollerderby, romance, sci-fi, stormtroopers, texts | Leave a comment »
Posted on June 13, 2009 by flutterby3
Random Bits of Happy
*Thursday I popped into a Bealls discount outlet looking for one thing and didn’t find it but came out with a super cute 50’s style bathing suit, turquoise flip flops and two hair bands for under $35.
*Friday I spent the day in said bathing suit laying by the pool (thanks to a friend copying their complex pool key for us) listening to tunes and reading a book. An indulgent day that I savored.
*I went to my favorite used bookstore, Chamblin Bookmine, and bought the rest of a vampire series that a friend referred me to. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward has me hooked.
*I am finally starting to get called back on jobs that I’ve applied for. This is a relief just because I was beginning to lose hope that jobs were really out there.
*Our city’s Rollerderby is the bomb. They didn’t win last night but they invited the winning team to Starlite Cafe for the after party and showed the Tallahassee ladies how Jacksonville gets down. A good time was had by the girls and their fans(and friends!).
*I love summer TV programming. So You Think You Can Dance is on, this show makes me hella happy! Plus Weeds and True Blood!
B4 you go…xoxo
Filed under: Uncategorized | Tagged: book, chamblin bookmine, j.r. ward, job search, rollerderby, shopping. bathing suit, true blood, tv, vampire series, weeds | Leave a comment »