I have started a list of things that I want to do in 2011. Some of them are serious, some of them are silly fun things, some are just goals that I should be moving towards every year in my life.
I’ve been adding to the list the past couple of days. It could keep growing and changing but I wanted to share at the point it is now since I reached 21 items on my list.
Twenty eleven you will be Heaven!
This is not to say it’s going to be EASY, it’s going to take work to reach my goals, that’s not to say it will be rainbows and moon beams and smiles. I know it’s going to be a hard year for me, a divorce looms in my near future and that can never be easy. The separation has taken from me even though it has also given. I look forward to taking back my last name. Letting go and praying that I find myself, that I find my strength, that I find my happiness again. As I take steps forward I feel wonderful moments of elation, I feel moments of great happiness when I meet a personal goal that I have set for myself.
1. Go back to school (this goal has already been set in motion – I start Jan 11th!)
2. Get my passport
3. Travel (I have plans for NY, Miami, Jekyll Island(not far I know, but a family wedding), and possibly….Japan!)
4. See one of my favorite bands
5. See a brand new band (I love music!)
6. Continue weight loss & exercise (already started but I also joined Weight Watchers & have exercise goals planned)
7. Start training to be able to do a small marathon (I have plans in March to walk a small marathon with my Aunt & cousins!)
8. Ride a motorcycle
9. Ride a horse
10. See snow (still haven’t seen the kind of snow that you can build a snowman in. Just melty icey stuff here in FL)
11. Continue fixing my credit and putting money away (already started, but needs to continue!)
12. Get acupuncture for always stressed out back (I’m a worrier, I hold my stress in my back)
13. Give some free time to a good cause (already in planning, more on this later)
14. Participate in a flash mob (these look like SO much fun)
15. Go on a cruise
16. Visit Hostel in the Forest
17. Take belly dancing classes (signing up this week for a 6 week course)
18. Finish learning how to knit so you can follow a pattern – make fingerless gloves (found a place to take classes!)
19. Fix my tattoo on my back as it’s flash art and I want it to be pretty & unique
20. Start learning a language
21. Learn to love yourself more, fear less, stress less and you can be loved more freely
Do you have goals set, or resolutions? Do you share any of mine and want to join me? There are some special people in my life that I plan on sharing some of these goals with. I am so very thankful for the friends in my life that are supporting my goals and lending encouragement – you are awesome and I love you gals & guys!