I am noticing that everyone around me has a little case of the blues. It’s been much colder than it normally is for a Florida winter. We’ve been inside trying to stay warm. It’s warmed up a bit and it seems like we all need that extra push. Here are some buttons to click through to give you that little push you need.
You can’t watch this video and NOT smile!
* The lovely and inspirational Miss Sarah Von wrote this: The Prescription for Happy forgive me for saying so, but you’ll be happy you read it!
* Throw an indoor picnic! Invite a few friends over make finger sandwiches, lay out a blanket, have little nibbly things and talk by a sun filled window or if it’s a gray day light a fire in the fireplace and bask in the warmth with friends.
*Do a little bit of shopping. Lift your spirits with a new dress that you can pair with tights and a sweater now but come spring time you have a flirty little frock. Mod Cloth is having a cabin fever sale! Here’s a cute dress, move fast the items are selling out quickly.
* Chocolate in moderation! When we were having our coldest weeks ever it was time for my book club to meet. We always bring food but with people dieting I was at a loss of what to bring. Then it hit me. I picked up some Skim Milk, some expensive hot cocoa mix, and fat free whipped topping. Smiles on everyone’s face!
* Dance! This is the best time to throw on some super indulgent pop music such as….oh I don’t know Lady Gaga, turn up the heat a little, put on ruffle panties a tank top, a moisturizing face mask and dance your butt off until the mask is dry and ready to come off. While your at it rub on some body butter all over all this dry heat from our heating units is terrible for the skin!
* Have you done all of these things and more and are still feeling blue? You might have actual seasonal depression. Health.com has some important information and 8 mood boosters. Remember that it’s always ok to talk it over with your Doctor, winter blues are real, and sometimes the Doctor has the best information.
Keep Warm, Stay Happy and share if you have something special that you do to chase away the blues!